Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I have been touched

A little boy asked his mother,"Why are you crying?"
"Because I'm a woman, "she told him."I don't understand, " he said.
His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will."
Later the little boy asked his father, "Why doesmother seem to cry for no reason?"
"All women cry for no reason, " was all his dadcould say.
The little boy grew up and became a man, stillwondering why women cry.
Finally he put in a call to God. When God got onthe phone, he asked, "God, why do women cry soeasily?"
God said:"When I made the woman she had to be special.
I made her shoulders strong enough to carry theweight of the world, yet gentle enough to givecomfort.
I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirthand the rejection that many times comes from herchildren.
I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep goingwhen everyone else gives up, and take care of herfamily through sickness and fatigue withoutcomplaining.
I gave her the sensitivity to love her children underany and all circumstances, even when her childhas hurt her very badly.
I gave her strength to carry her husband throughhis faults and fashioned her from his rib to protecthis heart.
I gave her wisdom to know that a good husbandnever hurts his wife, but sometimes tests herstrengths and her resolve to stand beside himunfalteringly.
And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hersexclusively to use whenever it is needed."
"You see my son, " said God, "the beauty of awoman is not in the clothes she wears, the figurethat she carries, or the way she combs her hair.
The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes,because that is the doorway to her heart - theplace where love resides."
There always comes a time when you realize thatsomething is left unfinished like words left unsaid or a love left unrevealed or even a passion that was imprisoned by the suffering caused by an unfaithful feeling that slams your heart right inthe face.
But... ...there always comes a but that follows. It could be that beam of hope that opens after the ray of pain is closed.
You never know...
*Special thanks to the original author of this article*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger